Forum Sveta kompjutera

Nazad   Forum Sveta kompjutera > Test Play > O igrama uopšte
Uputstvo Članstvo Kalendar Današnje poruke Pretraži

O igrama uopšte Uopšteno, dakle sve ono što se ne tiče samo konkretnog igranja i konkretne igre (poređenje raznih igara, o žanrovima, o sociološkom i drugim uticajima igara itd.)

Odgovor

Alatke vezane za temu Vrste prikaza
Stara 24.6.2009, 17:51   #1
donator99
Deo inventara foruma

Član od: 10.3.2007.
Zahvalnice: 318
Zahvaljeno 780 puta na 600 poruka
Određen forumom Bethesda kupila iD Software

Citat:
ZeniMax Media Acquires id Software

Brings together two of world’s best game studios

Library of powerhouse franchises will include DOOM, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls,
QUAKE, Wolfenstein and RAGE

June 24, 2009 (Rockville, MD) – ZeniMax Media Inc., parent company of noted game publisher Bethesda Softworks, today announced it has completed the acquisition of legendary game studio, id Software, creators of world-renowned games such as DOOM, QUAKE, Wolfenstein, and its upcoming title, RAGE. The acquisition by ZeniMax Media joins together two of the finest, most respected videogame developers in the world, combining the first person shooter (FPS) expertise of id Software with acclaimed role playing game (RPG) developer Bethesda Game Studios – creators of the 2008 Game of the Year, Fallout 3, and the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Bethesda Softworks will publish the titles of id Software other than upcoming releases previously committed to other publishers.

Founded in 1991, id Software established itself as an industry leader with some of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed video games of all time. id Software created the original first-person shooter, Wolfenstein 3D, and subsequently set new standards in the genre with the blockbuster releases of its DOOM and QUAKE titles. In addition, id Software developed cutting edge, proprietary technology with the id Tech engine which powers many notable FPS titles, and continues to make great advances in game technology under the direction of John Carmack, one of the country’s technology leaders and a member of the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences (AIAS) Hall of Fame.

Todd Hollenshead, CEO of id Software, commented on the transaction: “This was a unique opportunity to team with a smart, sophisticated publisher like Bethesda Softworks where the interests of the studio and the publisher will be fully aligned in the development and marketing of our titles. In addition, we will now have financial and business resources to support the future growth of id Software, a huge advantage which will result in more and even better games for our fans.

id Software will continue to operate as a studio under the direction of its founder, John Carmack. No changes will be made in the operations of id Software in the development of its games. All the principals at id Software have signed long-term employment contracts, assuring they will continue in their roles developing games at the studio.

“This puts id Software in a wonderful position going forward,” said John Carmack, who will continue to serve in his current role as Technical Director. “We will now be able to grow and extend all of our franchises under one roof, leveraging our capabilities across multiple teams while enabling forward looking research to be done in the service of all of them. We will be bigger and stronger, as we recruit the best talent to help us build the landmark games of the future. As trite as it may be for me to say that I am extremely pleased and excited about this deal, I am."

Robert Altman, the founder, Chairman & CEO of ZeniMax Media stated, “We, along with many others, consider id Software to be among the finest game studios in the world, with extraordinary design, artistic and technical capabilities. They have demonstrated, repeatedly, that rare ability to create franchise properties that are critical and commercial successes. Our intention is to make sure id Software will continue to do what they do best – make AAA games. Our role will be to provide publisher support through Bethesda Softworks and give id Software the resources it needs to grow and expand.”

ZeniMax Media Inc, which is privately held, was founded in 1999 to create quality interactive entertainment products to meet the growing worldwide demand. The Company is headquartered in Rockville, MD and maintains offices in Hunt Valley, MD, London and Tokyo. Among its wholly owned subsidiaries are Bethesda Softworks, a premier publisher of video games, Vir2L Studios which develops games for the casual market, and ZeniMax Online Studios, a studio dedicated to massively multi-player online games (MMOG).

Bethesda Game Studios, the development group at ZeniMax Media, is one of the top video game studios in the world. Its most recent release, Fallout 3, was the 2008 winner of more than 60 Game of the Year awards, including The Associated Press, Official Xbox Magazine, Yahoo, PC Gamer, IGN, Game Critics Awards, Game Developer Choice Awards, and Gamespy. Bethesda also created the 2006 PC and Xbox 360® Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and the 2002 PC and Xbox® Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Bethesda Game Studios has created 2 of the 10 best games of all time, Fallout 3 and Oblivion, on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation® 3 platforms, as reported by the industry scoring system found at www.metacritic.com and www.gamerankings.com.
Konacno ce TES igre liciti na nesto i raditi kako treba, tako da je ovo jako, jako dobra vest.

Poslednja ispravka: DeCoy (24.6.2009 u 18:15) Razlog: ispravljeno
donator99 je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 24.6.2009, 18:11   #2
gently
Veteran

Član od: 19.4.2007.
Zahvalnice: 98
Zahvaljeno 158 puta na 92 poruka
Određen forumom Re: Bethesda kupila iD Software+

Veoma losa vest
gently je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 24.6.2009, 18:22   #3
Eni
Banana

Član od: 9.1.2006.
Zahvalnice: 697
Zahvaljeno 2.628 puta na 1.354 poruka
Određen forumom Re: Bethesda kupila iD Software

wtf, svet ode dođavola... pucaju pečati i te stvari...
Eni je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledećih 2 korisnika se zahvaljuje korisniku Eni na korisnoj poruci:
goodlikesweeper (24.6.2009), Ketchua (24.6.2009)
Stara 24.6.2009, 18:44   #4
LoshMeeBre
Starosedelac

Član od: 18.2.2006.
Zahvalnice: 1.209
Zahvaljeno 370 puta na 287 poruka

ali

ali

ali

oni imaju fallout licencu
LoshMeeBre je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 24.6.2009, 18:46   #5
LoshMeeBre
Starosedelac

Citat:
donator99 kaže: Pregled poruke
Konacno ce TES igre liciti na nesto i raditi kako treba
LEAVE Morrowind ALONE!!!
Stara 24.6.2009, 18:46   #6
donator99
Deo inventara foruma

Zbog cega je ovo losa vest?

iD Software nastavlja da posluje kao odvojeni studijo, pod upravom Johna Carmacka, sto znaci da ce nastaviti da pravi iste igre kao i dosad.

A Bethesda konacno dobija fantasticnu tehnologiju sa kojom ce da zameni svoj zastareli Gamebryo.

Citat:
LoshMeeBre kaže: Pregled poruke
LEAVE Morrowind ALONE!!!
Morrowind jeste ok izgledao, ali definitivno nije radio kako treba.
Stara 24.6.2009, 18:48   #7
LoshMeeBre
Starosedelac

Kao da fallout nije bio dovoljno FPS sa blagom pricom u pozadini.. Doduse upravu si.. Mozda Fallout 4 bude DOBAR FPS sa blagom pricom u pozadini..

Citat:
Morrowind jeste ok izgledao, ali definitivno nije radio kako treba.
Po meni, jedino sto fali morrowindu je voice over za glavnog lika.. SKORO sve ostalo je fenomenalno
Stara 24.6.2009, 19:14   #8
Psycho13
Deo inventara foruma

Član od: 23.3.2009.
Zahvalnice: 2.048
Zahvaljeno 971 puta na 571 poruka

Pa nije ovo toliko lose...Inace Bethesda je najavila za 2010. majbolju pucacinu ikad samo jos se ne zna jos ime...
Psycho13 je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 24.6.2009, 19:47   #9
Nash Knight
Banned

Član od: 23.10.2005.
Zahvalnice: 1.059
Zahvaljeno 821 puta na 447 poruka

Ja sam samo zbunjen jer sam oduvek mislio da je ID software dzin u odnosu na Bethesda-u A sta ce biti, videcemo, ne cu ni da pokusavam da nagadjam, nema nikakve poente
Nash Knight je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 24.6.2009, 19:52   #10
donator99
Deo inventara foruma

Citat:
Psycho13 kaže: Pregled poruke
Pa nije ovo toliko lose...Inace Bethesda je najavila za 2010. majbolju pucacinu ikad samo jos se ne zna jos ime...
Zna se ime te igre, zove se Brink i za nju je odgovaran Splash Damage (kreatori Enemy Territory). Prikazan je trailer na E3-u. Oni, medjutim, ne koriste Gamebryo, a igra je u produkciji odavno, tako da ne verujem da ce se prebacivati na id tech 5.
Stara 24.6.2009, 20:14   #11
Equilibrium
Veteran

Član od: 2.11.2008.
Zahvalnice: 499
Zahvaljeno 1.348 puta na 495 poruka

Sad ce da naprave neki Wolfenstein i on ce da lici na Oblivion

Ako Bethesda nastavi da kupuje sve i svakog, na kraju ce jedini zanr biti FPS-ovi sto oce da budu RPG.

Ja mogu u pare da ce u sledecem Wolfensteinu Blackovicu moci da se budze statistike i da ce biti open world map Treceg Rajha.

Nerviraju me veliki studiji kad se ovako ponasaju, kako ih nije sramota da napisu da je Fallout 3 dobio 60 nagrada za igu godine, to se iz aviona vidi da je potplaceno.
Equilibrium je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 24.6.2009, 22:46   #12
Ketchua
Basterd...

Član od: 26.1.2006.
Zahvalnice: 1.113
Zahvaljeno 906 puta na 546 poruka
Slanje poruke preko MSN-a korisniku Ketchua

Citat:
Psycho13 kaže: Pregled poruke
Haha... Evo, najavljujem i ja za sutra najbolji RPG ikada.

Citat:
Nash Knight kaže: Pregled poruke
Ja sam samo zbunjen jer sam oduvek mislio da je ID software dzin u odnosu na Bethesda-u
Pogrešno si shvatio. Nije iD džin, nego legenda. A ZeniMax je zli, zli, korporativni džin.

Citat:
Zbog cega je ovo losa vest?

iD Software nastavlja da posluje kao odvojeni studio
Odvojeni studio pod pritiskom para željnog izdavača. iD je dosad izbacivao igre veoooma polako. Verujem da će se to promeniti.
Ketchua je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 24.6.2009, 23:31   #13
donator99
Deo inventara foruma

Citat:
Kotaku's Stephen Totilo flexed his journalistic muscle this morning with a first-out-of-the-gate interview with id Software's John Carmack and Todd Hollenshead about their company's just-announced acquisition by ZeniMax, the company that also owns Bethesda.

Immediately after the news hit, we started seeing speculation all over the place about how the two development studios will work together. And for good reason. With id leveraging its immense technological advantage and Bethesda bringing its open-world role-playing chops to the table, far-flung ideas like the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game running on id's super-impressive-looking id tech 5--which already powers Rage--don't seem so terribly outlandish. Though they do seem terribly awesome.

Anyway, Totilo rightfully addressed the topic of what kind of beautiful music Bethesda and id might make together in his story.

And will there be any Bethesda-id crossover coming out of this? "The teams are very much separate," Carmack said. "There is a lot of mutual respect there. There's going to be a lot of communication and cross-pollination. I doubt there's going to be any technology shifts between the two companies, but there's certainly going to be cooperation. And I wouldn't be shocked to see some hints of different things crossing over in different ways. That's just the kind of stuff when you have lots of people who think everybody is working on cool stuff together."

Sounds like nobody's rushing into anything, though who knows what the future holds? These are two respected developers with what I feel are pretty different strengths, so any way they can collaborate together seems like a win-win for the consumer. Hollenshead feels the same way about the ZeniMax ownership; he had this to say about how the deal will affect the day-to-day business at id.

"Things aren't really going to be different in terms of what's going on at id," Hollenshead said. "We're not going to change the kinds of games we make…. It allows us to accelerate the growth of our internal studios, so we can focus on making all of our internal games as opposed to working with external partners where there has been a step down in quality… There will be more, better games from id. So if you're a fan of the company, then it is all upside and all things to look forward to."

That quote about "external partners" and a "step down in quality" seems like a pointed dig at studios like Splash Damage and Raven, which have respectively done Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and both Quake 4 and the upcoming Wolfenstein under the id banner. But the guy seems to have a point. I'll be really curious to see how Doom 4 turns out, since it will probably be the first major id title to be developed almost entirely under the auspices of ZeniMax. Wolf and Rage will be published by Activision and EA, respectively, per existing agreements.

Id may not be the 800-pound gorilla it was in the mid-'90s, but this news still blew my mind this morning. Those guys have always had such a reputation of fierce independence, part of me thought they would never sell out, never submit to any degree of control by an outside party. I guess no company stays the same forever, though if all the details of this acquisition are as much on the up-and-up as they're purported to be, I'm hopeful id will at least remain a company that makes some pretty sweet games.

How does this news strike you? What was the first id game you played? Mine was the boxed shareware version of Doom, the original, which I bought in a Babbage's for maybe $5 and which went on to completely and utterly blow my young mind before quite literally changing my life in a nontrivial way. So I've always had and always will have a certain place in my heart for id.
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/how-id...together/1472/
Odgovor

Bookmarks sajtovi

Vaš status
Ne možete postavljati teme
Ne možete odgovarati na poruke
Ne možete slati priloge uz poruke
Ne možete prepravljati svoje poruke

BB kod: uključeno
Smajliji: uključeno
[IMG] kod: uključeno
HTML kod: isključeno

Slične teme
tema temu započeo forum Odgovora Poslednja poruka
Nokia Software Update Predrag Stankovic Programi za mobilne telefone 13 16.8.2009 8:24
JVD XV - N452 software miljan Foto i audio/video 0 31.5.2009 18:56
Obsolete software key? veseliburek Operativni sistemi 2 3.4.2008 18:06
Software u uzem i sirem smislu! Teva Brbljaonica 15 16.4.2007 21:49
tv capture software NoYes Video/TV softver 36 15.2.2007 19:40

Sva vremena su po Griniču +2 h. Sada je 17:38.