Forum Sveta kompjutera

Nazad   Forum Sveta kompjutera > Test Drive > Osnovne komponente > Vesti

Vesti Vesti koje se tiču osnovnih komponenti (procesora, ploča, memorije...)

Odgovor

Alatke vezane za temu Vrste prikaza
Stara 4.5.2011, 22:47   #1
ivicagmc
Član

Član od: 6.1.2011.
Zahvalnice: 45
Zahvaljeno 78 puta na 57 poruka
Određen forumom Ivy Bridge

AMD is in a world of hurt. Nisu još ni izbacili 32nm Bulldozer a Intel demonstrira 22nm...
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20887

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB706...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIkMa...layer_embedded

Poslednja ispravka: ivicagmc (4.5.2011 u 23:00)
ivicagmc je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledećih 4 korisnika se zahvaljuje korisniku ivicagmc na korisnoj poruci:
alexandar87 (5.5.2011), Morandi (5.5.2011), nerro7 (19.2.2012), Red_Devil_89 (5.5.2011)
Stara 4.5.2011, 22:59   #2
ivicagmc
Član

Određen forumom Re: Ivy Bridge demo

Intel Corporation today announced a significant breakthrough in the evolution of the transistor, the microscopic building block of modern electronics. For the first time since the invention of silicon transistors over 50 years ago, transistors using a three-dimensional structure will be put into high-volume manufacturing. Intel will introduce a revolutionary 3-D transistor design called Tri-Gate, first disclosed by Intel in 2002, into high-volume manufacturing at the 22-nanometer (nm) node in an Intel chip codenamed "Ivy Bridge." A nanometer is one-billionth of a meter.

The three-dimensional Tri-Gate transistors represent a fundamental departure from the two-dimensional planar transistor structure that has powered not only all computers, mobile phones and consumer electronics to-date, but also the electronic controls within cars, spacecraft, household appliances, medical devices and virtually thousands of other everyday devices for decades.

"Intel's scientists and engineers have once again reinvented the transistor, this time utilizing the third dimension," said Intel President and CEO Paul Otellini. "Amazing, world-shaping devices will be created from this capability as we advance Moore's Law into new realms."

Scientists have long recognized the benefits of a 3-D structure for sustaining the pace of Moore's Law as device dimensions become so small that physical laws become barriers to advancement. The key to today's breakthrough is Intel's ability to deploy its novel 3-D Tri-Gate transistor design into high-volume manufacturing, ushering in the next era of Moore's Law and opening the door to a new generation of innovations across a broad spectrum of devices.

Moore's Law is a forecast for the pace of silicon technology development that states that roughly every 2 years transistor density will double, while increasing functionality and performance and decreasing costs. It has become the basic business model for the semiconductor industry for more than 40 years.

Unprecedented Power Savings and Performance Gains
Intel's 3-D Tri-Gate transistors enable chips to operate at lower voltage with lower leakage, providing an unprecedented combination of improved performance and energy efficiency compared to previous state-of-the-art transistors. The capabilities give chip designers the flexibility to choose transistors targeted for low power or high performance, depending on the application.

The 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate transistors provide up to 37 percent performance increase at low voltage versus Intel's 32nm planar transistors. This incredible gain means that they are ideal for use in small handheld devices, which operate using less energy to "switch" back and forth. Alternatively, the new transistors consume less than half the power when at the same performance as 2-D planar transistors on 32nm chips.

"The performance gains and power savings of Intel's unique 3-D Tri-Gate transistors are like nothing we've seen before," said Mark Bohr, Intel Senior Fellow. "This milestone is going further than simply keeping up with Moore's Law. The low-voltage and low-power benefits far exceed what we typically see from one process generation to the next. It will give product designers the flexibility to make current devices smarter and wholly new ones possible. We believe this breakthrough will extend Intel's lead even further over the rest of the semiconductor industry."

Continuing the Pace of Innovation – Moore's Law
Transistors continue to get smaller, cheaper and more energy efficient in accordance with Moore's Law – named for Intel co-founder Gordon Moore. Because of this, Intel has been able to innovate and integrate, adding more features and computing cores to each chip, increasing performance, and decreasing manufacturing cost per transistor.

Sustaining the progress of Moore's Law becomes even more complex with the 22nm generation. Anticipating this, Intel research scientists in 2002 invented what they called a Tri-Gate transistor, named for the three sides of the gate. Today's announcement follows further years of development in Intel's highly coordinated research-development-manufacturing pipeline, and marks the implementation of this work for high-volume manufacturing.

The 3-D Tri-Gate transistors are a reinvention of the transistor. The traditional "flat" two-dimensional planar gate is replaced with an incredibly thin three-dimensional silicon fin that rises up vertically from the silicon substrate. Control of current is accomplished by implementing a gate on each of the three sides of the fin – two on each side and one across the top -- rather than just one on top, as is the case with the 2-D planar transistor. The additional control enables as much transistor current flowing as possible when the transistor is in the "on" state (for performance), and as close to zero as possible when it is in the "off" state (to minimize power), and enables the transistor to switch very quickly between the two states (again, for performance).

Just as skyscrapers let urban planners optimize available space by building upward, Intel's 3-D Tri-Gate transistor structure provides a way to manage density. Since these fins are vertical in nature, transistors can be packed closer together, a critical component to the technological and economic benefits of Moore's Law. For future generations, designers also have the ability to continue growing the height of the fins to get even more performance and energy-efficiency gains.

"For years we have seen limits to how small transistors can get," said Moore. "This change in the basic structure is a truly revolutionary approach, and one that should allow Moore's Law, and the historic pace of innovation, to continue."

World's First Demonstration of 22nm 3-D Tri-Gate Transistors
The 3-D Tri-Gate transistor will be implemented in the company's upcoming manufacturing process, called the 22nm node, in reference to the size of individual transistor features. More than 6 million 22nm Tri-Gate transistors could fit in the period at the end of this sentence.

Today, Intel demonstrated the world's first 22nm microprocessor, codenamed "Ivy Bridge," working in a laptop, server and desktop computer. Ivy Bridge-based Intel Core family processors will be the first high-volume chips to use 3-D Tri-Gate transistors. Ivy Bridge is slated for high-volume production readiness by the end of this year.
Sledećih 12 korisnika se zahvaljuje korisniku ivicagmc na korisnoj poruci:
alexandar87 (5.5.2011), Doomche (7.5.2011), HSVstoned (7.9.2011), Luka Filipovic (5.5.2011), Morandi (5.5.2011), nerro7 (19.2.2012), p4e4c (25.5.2011), Partybreaker (6.5.2011), Red_Devil_89 (5.5.2011), Thaedass (6.5.2011), ukimafija (4.5.2011), White Ripper (7.9.2011)
Stara 6.5.2011, 15:52   #3
doctor
Deo inventara foruma

Član od: 14.3.2008.
Zahvalnice: 4.319
Zahvaljeno 3.295 puta na 2.274 poruka

Au, ako su ove brojke o potrošnji struje i performansama sa klipa istinite, AMD je gotov...
doctor je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 6.5.2011, 20:26   #4
DAKINS
Starosedelac

Član od: 19.7.2009.
Zahvalnice: 274
Zahvaljeno 368 puta na 310 poruka
Slanje poruke preko MSN-a korisniku DAKINS

Citat:
doctor kaže: Pregled poruke
Au, ako su ove brojke o potrošnji struje i performansama sa klipa istinite, AMD je gotov...
Kad izadje krajem ove ili pocetkom sledece ..
AMD je demonstrirao prototip 22nm jos 2008 god .
Svi zaboravljaju redosled i tajming dogadjaja
DAKINS je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 7.5.2011, 11:18   #5
Game fever
Starosedelac

Član od: 3.4.2007.
Zahvalnice: 2.477
Zahvaljeno 283 puta na 198 poruka
Slanje poruke preko MSN-a korisniku Game fever

A kad izadje bice 1000e +. Ipak je midrange segment gde se zaradjuju pare.
Game fever je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 7.5.2011, 11:40   #6
JohnnyNT
Deo inventara foruma

Član od: 15.4.2006.
Zahvalnice: 1.298
Zahvaljeno 1.396 puta na 948 poruka

Mog'o je još da povuče gore one pantalone.
JohnnyNT je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledeći korisnik se zahvaljuje korisniku JohnnyNT na korisnoj poruci:
doctor (7.5.2011)
Stara 7.5.2011, 11:50   #7
ivicagmc
Član

Citat:
DAKINS kaže: Pregled poruke
Kad izadje krajem ove ili pocetkom sledece ..
AMD je demonstrirao prototip 22nm jos 2008 god .
Svi zaboravljaju redosled i tajming dogadjaja
Hteo bih da vidim tu demonstraciju...
Stara 7.5.2011, 14:06   #8
DAKINS
Starosedelac

Član od: 19.7.2009.
Zahvalnice: 274
Zahvaljeno 368 puta na 310 poruka
Slanje poruke preko MSN-a korisniku DAKINS

I ja bi voleo da zavirim u razvojne labaratorije i intela AMD ali to nije moguce.
Moguce da eksperimentisu i sa jos manjim velicinama sada

Postoji ogromna razlika izmedju napraviti jedan i poceti serisku prizvodnju .
Tesko je sada predvideti kad ce intel izbaciti 22nm krajem ove ili sledece god a sto ranije izbace to ce vise trzisno biti papirnati cpu ..

Neki ozbiljni trzini udeo ja bih ocekivao tek dosta kasnije u 2012 ili cak kasnije.
I sada core 2 duo i slicna generacija cine znacajan deo prodaje a do nedavno i prizvodnje.
Za AMD je još teze predvideti kad ce preci na 22nm u svakom slucaju najranije tokom 2012 a verovatno i kasnije.
http://www.itssrecruitment.co.uk/new...idge-processor
DAKINS je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 7.5.2011, 14:41   #9
Doomche
V.I.P. Test Drive

Član od: 18.2.2007.
Zahvalnice: 1.159
Zahvaljeno 2.446 puta na 1.922 poruka

Citat:
Game fever kaže: Pregled poruke
A kad izadje bice 1000e +. Ipak je midrange segment gde se zaradjuju pare.
Malo brkamo lonchice, ovo se ne odnosi na performanse high-end segmenta, vec na celu 22nm generaciju, gde cesh opet imati i low-end (i3), mid (i5) i high-end segment (i7).

To opet ne znachi da Intel nece biti jedno 20% skuplji nego shto treba da bude, u svim segmentima, o high-end EE i sl. procesorima da ne pricham .

Ono shto mene brine je to shto svaki ovako veliki korak napred donosi mnogo problema i bagova (secate se prvih Intelovih dvojezgarnih procesora? ). Videcemo kako ce sa tim izaci na kraj, tu ce biti kljuch uspeha, za performanse Intelovih procesora uglavnom ne brinem.

Pishe u zadnjoj rechenici da ce masovna proizvodnja verovatno pocheti krajem godine, tako da pre sredine 2012 nema nishta od Ivy Bridge-a na rafovima + kashnjenja kojih uvek ima.
Doomche je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 25.5.2011, 0:31   #10
neddd
Veteran

Član od: 18.8.2007.
Zahvalnice: 57
Zahvaljeno 33 puta na 27 poruka

http://www.nordichardware.com/news/6...vy-bridge.html
neddd je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 16.6.2011, 13:52   #11
Thaedass
WALL-E

Član od: 4.9.2009.
Zahvalnice: 404
Zahvaljeno 1.255 puta na 909 poruka

First Intel Ivy Bridge Processor Pictures Surface

Citat:
So its going to be a while before these puppies will be released (Q2 2012 actually), but some photo's of Ivy-Bridge processors have surfaced on the web. these are actually socket LGA1155 based, similar to the current Sandy Bridge processors.

This batch is labeled QAX5, is a dual-core processor and packs 4MB of L3 cache memory. The 22nm based processor have a base frequency of 1800MHz that can turbo towards 2.4GHz and come with a TDP of 95W. The voltage of the two Ivy Bridge CPUs varies between 0.8 and 1.25 V.
Kliknite na sliku za veću verziju

Ime:	fullimage.jpeg
Viđeno:	70 puta
Veličina:	71,2 KB
ID:	39965

Izvor: Guru3D
Thaedass je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 7.9.2011, 17:44   #12
Picard
Deo inventara foruma

Član od: 30.11.2008.
Zahvalnice: 682
Zahvaljeno 4.326 puta na 3.571 poruka

The upgrade path to Ivy Bridge might be blocked by changes to UEFI
Picard je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledeći korisnik se zahvaljuje korisniku Picard na korisnoj poruci:
Doomche (7.9.2011)
Stara 7.9.2011, 19:51   #13
Doomche
V.I.P. Test Drive

Član od: 18.2.2007.
Zahvalnice: 1.159
Zahvaljeno 2.446 puta na 1.922 poruka

Uh bre, shto ovaj Intel voli da zayebe samog sebe, ovo mozhe da bude prilichno znachajna havarija .

Da sumiram tekst - ne koristi se isti UEFI za SB i IB, pa mozhda sadashnje ploche ne budu kompatibilne, a ne mozhe se reshiti obichnim flashom BIOS-a.

Dve olakshice:

1) Dual-BIOS ploche bi trebalo da mogu da odrade ovaj upgrade. Takvih je na trzhishtu mnogo, ne bi trebalo da bude problema.

2) Koliko ja znam, UEFI uopshte ne mora da se koristi ni na plochama koje ga imaju, mozhda sve to mozhe da se zaobidje. Ne bi valjalo da na to budemo forsirani...

Ono shto je josh crnje, sledeci "tick" procesori izgleda nece biti kompatibilni sa Windows 7 i ranijim sistemima, shto znachi da cemo biti forsirani na Windows 8, uspeo on ili ne. Znajuci osobine UEFI, mirishem anti-piratski dogovor sa Microsoftom, jer josh nije pronadjen kvalitetan "lek" za UEFI bootovan Windows 7. Takodje mirishem i to da ce crack timovima trebati 2 nedelje da to provale .
Doomche je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledećih 2 korisnika se zahvaljuje korisniku Doomche na korisnoj poruci:
doctor (7.9.2011), nexexcalibur (7.9.2011)
Stara 8.9.2011, 12:59   #14
Luka Filipovic
Starosedelac

Član od: 9.7.2010.
Zahvalnice: 750
Zahvaljeno 536 puta na 369 poruka

http://www.guru3d.com/news/upgrading...-uefi-changes/
Luka Filipovic je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 8.9.2011, 13:12   #15
Picard
Deo inventara foruma

Drugi post iznad tvog.
Stara 8.9.2011, 13:13   #16
Luka Filipovic
Starosedelac

Član od: 9.7.2010.
Zahvalnice: 750
Zahvaljeno 536 puta na 369 poruka

Citat:
Picard kaže: Pregled poruke
Drugi post iznad tvog.
znam video sam, samo da potvrdim ovu zalosnu vest
Luka Filipovic je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 15.9.2011, 23:35   #17
neddd
Veteran

Član od: 18.8.2007.
Zahvalnice: 57
Zahvaljeno 33 puta na 27 poruka

http://www.nordichardware.com/news/6...n-the-gpu.html
neddd je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 17.9.2011, 18:05   #18
Picard
Deo inventara foruma

Intel's Ivy Bridge Architecture Exposed

Citat:
Clock for clock performance will go up by a small amount over Sandy Bridge (4 - 6%), combine that with slightly higher clock speeds and we may see CPU performance gains of around 10% at the same price point with Ivy Bridge.
Citat:
Ivy Bridge is backwards compatible with existing LGA-1155 motherboards, although there will be a new chipset for Ivy Bridge and new motherboards to enable some features (e.g. PCI Express 3.0, native USB 3.0). The new chipset family falls under the 7-series banner. We'll see Z77, Z75, H77, Q77, Q75 and B75 available at or around launch.
Lepo je što će moći da ide na LGA1155 ploče, ali iskreno očekivao sam malo veći skok u performansama.

Poslednja ispravka: Picard (17.9.2011 u 18:25)
Sledećih 6 korisnika se zahvaljuje korisniku Picard na korisnoj poruci:
Doomche (17.9.2011), DoooX (17.9.2011), gagi011t (17.9.2011), Luka Filipovic (17.9.2011), nerro7 (19.2.2012), Red_Devil_89 (18.9.2011)
Stara 17.9.2011, 22:42   #19
DoooX
Veteran

Član od: 23.8.2010.
Zahvalnice: 55
Zahvaljeno 170 puta na 125 poruka

Ma oni ce uvek da nadogradjuju neke stvari i da razvijaju tehnologiju, tipa ovo PCI-E 3.0 itd. da bi izbacivali nove ploce, ali sta fali trenutnim sistemima i bez toga.. Najbitnije je da ce moci na 1155 socket .. Sad sto se tice performansi videcemo kako ce se tek pokazati na testiranju i poredjenju u realnom radu konkretno...
DoooX je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Stara 20.9.2011, 11:51   #20
gagi011t
Veteran

Član od: 20.4.2011.
Zahvalnice: 260
Zahvaljeno 426 puta na 202 poruka

Ivy Bridge GPU to Support Resolutions of up to 4096x4096
Citat:
It's unlikely that we will see any 4Kx4K displays though, given that 16:9 is the standard nowadays (some higher-end are 16:10 though). That suggests a resolution of 4096x2304, which actually makes more sense given the bandwidth limitations. 4096x4096 at 60Hz with 24-bit color would require a bandwidth of roughly 36Gb/s, more than any of the current display interfaces supports (DisplayPort 1.2 is the king at 21.6Gb/s). 4096x2304 requires only ~20.2Gb/s, and that DP 1.2 can easily provide. 4096x4096 should, however, work with DP 1.2 by lowering the refresh rate to e.g. 30Hz, which would reduce the required bandwidth to be within DisplayPort's range.
gagi011t je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Odgovor

Bookmarks sajtovi

Alatke vezane za temu
Vrste prikaza

Vaš status
Ne možete postavljati teme
Ne možete odgovarati na poruke
Ne možete slati priloge uz poruke
Ne možete prepravljati svoje poruke

BB kod: uključeno
Smajliji: uključeno
[IMG] kod: uključeno
HTML kod: isključeno

Slične teme
tema temu započeo forum Odgovora Poslednja poruka
Spremanje ploce za IVY BRIDGE (must see) trileletri Osnovne komponente 20 5.4.2012 21:17
Bridge mod na modemu!! Muflon Komunikacioni uređaji i umrežavanje 0 26.10.2011 19:18
Intel radi na 22nm CPU-ima Dusan Despotovic Vesti 19 8.4.2011 18:50

Sva vremena su po Griniču +2 h. Sada je 23:30.