Stara 27.7.2006, 18:19   #14
>4S_SQUAD<>ULTRA<
Član

Član od: 23.7.2006.
Zahvalnice: 0
Zahvaljeno 0 puta na 0 poruka
Slanje poruke preko ICQ-a korisniku >4S_SQUAD<>ULTRA<
Određen forumom Re: Freelancer/tips&tricks

The 2 type of missile that are widely use in he server are Cannonball (CB) and Lancer. The very big difference with these missile is the price and damage. The CB is really expensive and provide great damage (often one shot one kill) and Lancer are quite cheap to buy and provide significant damage but no one shoot one kill upon fully hulled ship.

The price of missile is not really a great deal anymore since some people been given way too much money for discutable reason, so the choice of missile is much more about what you want to do with it. i.e. Kill in one shot or provide great damage.

One of the big mistake most people do is to beleive that because they got the big bad missile launcher they gonna win easy. But Big bad missile also equal big bad damage to your ship if you get CDed. You can kill in one hit as well as you can get killed by your own missile in one hit. So, if you ain't really good at missile timing, I'd suggest you to use Lancer. They provide excellent damage, halt to 3/4 of the ship hull in one hit, which let you finish the job with your gun or you may just want to wait till you actualy got 1/4 of the hull with your gun before using he missile. Then it will kill in one shoot if you make it land.

I've seen some people using 2 lancer (still cheaper than 1 CB and prolly the same result) but I do think it's a bad idea. You'll indeed kill in one shot if your missile hit the target, but you get much twice the chance to get CDed down.

To make missile to hit you should wait "the right moment", which is variable bepend on the situation. Some time launching the missile at 700m will be effective while some time it will just miss the target and get lost ino deep space. (Or even hit a MPC base and get you in small trouble ). Most of the time, the good distance to launch a missile is between 200m to 50 m from your enemy.

There is also another type of missile, it's called the Stalker series. Any missile which has a name finishing with "stalker" has better homming capabiliy. However with experience I can say it do not worth the waste of money. They are like twice the price of standard missile and they do not really hit more often than standard missile. You can use them if you want but if you ask me, I'd say they are a waste of money.
>4S_SQUAD<>ULTRA< je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke