Prikaz jedne poruke
Stara 2.2.2009, 21:33   #10
Partybreaker
d-_-b

Član od: 13.10.2007.
Zahvalnice: 1.626
Zahvaljeno 2.307 puta na 1.520 poruka
Određen forumom Re: Prelazak na DDR3?

Rešio sam da malo probudim temu novim vestima.
Citat:
Although both Intel and AMD were originally expected to fully transition to DDR3 across their product lines in 2009, with the two players now postponing their DDR3-only chipset schedules, the DDR3 generation is not expected to arrive until 2010, according to sources at motherboard makers.Since DDR3 memory prices have not fallen as much as Intel expected, while demand for its Core i7 CPU and X58 chipsets also has not yet met expectations, Intel has decided to postpone its DDR3-only 5-series chipsets until September this year.

Meanwhile, AMD's is still struggling with technical difficulties to achieve stability and compatibly with the DDR3 controller built into its AM3-based CPUs, and so the company is also unlikely to transition to DDR3 until it is able to come out with a workable BIOS, added the sources.
^ Zanimljiv savet za budući upgrade.
Citat:
Ultra-Low Latency Kit Increases Frequencies for Even Higher Performance

International CES Las Vegas, NV and Fountain Valley, CA – January 8, 2008 -- Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of an ultra-low latency (ULL) version of its 2GHz HyperX® DDR3 triple channel memory. Shipping immediately in 6GB and 3GB kits, the HyperX 2GHz memory carries a lower CAS latency of 8, for increased performance in the Core i7 and X58 platforms.

“Kingston is following up its first-to-market 2GHz triple-channel kits released in October 2008 with a second generation 2GHz HyperX kit that gives gaming enthusiasts and benchmarking teams even more headroom to go further,” said Mark Tekunoff, senior technology manager, Kingston. “The new ultra low latency triple channel kits take maximum advantage of the T1 heatspreaders’ HyperX Thermal Xchange (HTX) technology to optimize system functionality at 1.65 volts in Core i7 based motherboards designed for extreme performance.”

The 2GHz ULL kits join the ever-expanding family of HyperX memory modules with the taller T1 heatspreaders. Kits range from 2GB DDR2-800MHz to 6GB DDR3-2000MHz. Kingston HyperX is backed by a lifetime warranty and free 24/7 technical support. For detailed information please visit the Kingston Web site at www.kingston.com.

Izrađen je u 50nm sa Elpida čipovima. Latencije su i dalje visoke (8-8-8-24) i nešto je viši napon od onih koje je Elpida najavila kada je počela da proizvodi 50nm module. Cena je oko 500$.
Citat:
There's almost no way to describe this tech without boring you all to death, so before I do here's the important part: basically, 32GB DDR3 consumer RAM sticks are now possible. The breakthrough behind the story is the development of a 50-nanometer, 4Gb (gigabit) (512MB) chips, which allow for a significant reduction in complexity, and therefore power consumption for currently popular sizes of RAM modules.

The 32GB possibility will no doubt be an expensive one, as it will require the sandwiching of two 16GB modules into a single dual-die unit, a method which can double the capacity of a single stick with negligible increases in size.

It was only in September that Samsung announced 2Gb RAM modules, which would have allowed for easy manufacture of 16GB sticks—but they've been slow to come to market. The most likely result of this breakthrough will be a proliferation of 16GB sticks, which benefit from the decreased chip size without calling for expensive dual-die manufacturing.

Ovo mi deluje kao glasina, ali videćemo kako će se situacija razvijati.

I jedna vest sa domaćeg sajta.
Citat:
Transcend je predstavio 4 GB aXeRam DDR3-1800 memorijski kit. Radi se o dvokanalnom kitu, usmerenom prema entuzijastima i igračima. Kit se sastoji iz dva modula kapaciteta 2 GB, koji su u stanju da rade na 1800 MHz pri CL 8-8-8-24 tajminzima. Novi Transcend kit koji se pokavljuje pod aXeRam brendom podržava Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) tehnologiju. Njegova kodna oznaka je TX1800KLU-4GK. Termin pojavljivanja i cena još uvek nisu poznati.

Toliko za sad. Stay tuned.
Partybreaker je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledećih 2 korisnika se zahvaljuje korisniku Partybreaker na korisnoj poruci:
Doomche (2.2.2009), pharaon.92.bc (3.2.2009)