ton_majstor
Član

Član od: 24.11.2005.
Zahvalnice: 355
Zahvaljeno 574 puta na 209 poruka
Određen forumom Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

3.10. сам у систем пријавио следећи текст:

Citat:
As a multimedia producer, sound engineer, and in possesion of some quality audio-equipment (and truck fan), may I suggest something about SOUND LEVELS (FX) in the game:

1. Overall sound level in game is too low, weak... so to say.

I'm using standard WDM diver on Win7, and I'm always had to turn volume to 66-75% to hear all the sounds. Not to mention that my other "window" sounds (and games!) on that level are pretty loud.

2. Sound of the truck engine (in all the trucks) is too quiet. IMHO sound is somewhat 2-2.5dB quieter than acceptable. Sound is good, just make it louder. STDS is better balanced, I think. And STDS have that great engine rumble and roar.

3. All the sounds regarding brakes (air, vents, etc) are too loud in the cabin. Trucks sound like steam engines, or oldies from the sixties. I suggest lowering them by (minimum) -2dB.

4. Thunders are almost whispering inside cabin. Outside, sound level is good, but inside is too low. Turn it up, significantly. Rain and wipers are good, especially in IVEDO.

5. Other traffic and environment sounds are too quiet inside cabin. I know that modern truck cabins are pretty quiet, but this is too quiet.

6. Overall difference between cabin and outside camera sound level is higher that acceptable. When you switch to outside view, sound slaps you in the face.

7. First sound that mark entering "desktop" (after pressing ESC while driving) is too loud, than, immediately after - normal.

8. Blinker sounds are, maybe, louder by 0,5-1dB than necessary.

I'm expressing my empirical values in (to me) friendly dB's. I don't know programmers terminology.
Самном су се сложили и други тестери.

Уз доста натезања пристали су да појачају звук мотора (мало), укупну јачину и да утишају звуке компресора/кочница. Онда су ме питали шта сад мислим и рекао сам им:

Citat:
Well, honestly, I've noticed some changes in few last revisions. Maybe I'm hallucinating, maybe you did something indeed, but here they are:

1. Overall sound level is now noticeable louder. I presume 20-25%.

2. Truck engine is louder, yes. That's VERY good. When I play with balanced music over driving, I can still hear roar and rotation of the engine. Without music, everything is as I expected in reality. Louder engine will take over other sounds, so I presume this is OK.

3. These sound are quieter now, and that is good. I really don't know real levels of these sounds in the modern cabin, but this more acceptable to the player.

4. Thunders are still too quiet inside cabin. If there is no lightning, I wouldn't know there are any thunders outside. Boost it by 3 dB (almost double scale). Wipers are good.

5. Still quiet. Passsing trucks and cars must be little louder. Few dB's.

6. Still there. Try to enter quarry for instance, and stay down there, or on some busy (24/7) places, like "Trameri" or "WGCC". In cabin, outside sounds are cool. But, if you exit cabin - BAM! Please, put it down by, at least, -3dB, just to try with that level in next revision.

7. Seems OK now. :/

8. Blinkers are OK now.

Sound levels are very hard to unify, since all people have different taste and many have own perception of natural sounds. Ok, some have troubled hearing, but I presume that most of our gamers are young, and not going to the discotheques too often...

=====

Finally, you can be wiser and offer several sliders for precise control of sound levels to the player. For example: Engine, Other vehicles, Environment, Cabin sounds, Weather... just thinking.
Како видим, некима је од ноћас исто засметало, тако да сам требао да још инсистирам на јачинама. Ипак, имам мод који појачава звук турбине у Сканији (дао ми га је један колега) и боље је.

Модови ће решавати БРДО детаља. Ко уме и сам, неће имати никакву замерку на игру, после неког времена, кад је напенали.

Богме, многи нису спавали ноћас, како видим...
ton_majstor je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledećih 5 korisnika se zahvaljuje korisniku ton_majstor na korisnoj poruci:
batakpudla (19.10.2012), Boyka (19.10.2012), La.Prestige (19.10.2012), Laxi (19.10.2012), Prief Lirator (19.10.2012)